- On The Row
- Garden Party
- For Business Owners
For the past decade, Barracks Row Main Street has worked tirelessly to preserve and enhance Capitol Hill’s historic 8th Street, SE, commercial corridor and to revitalize its business community.
The group’s focus is the five blocks of 8th Street that stretch south from Pennsylvania Ave S.E. to the terminus of 8th Street at the Washington Navy Yard along M Street, S.E.
Barracks Row is located eight blocks east of the U.S. Capitol.
Friday, May 08, 2015, 4:32 PM Last Updated on Friday, May 08, 2015, 4:40 PM
Wednesday, June 3rd 6:00pm-8:00pm
Located at "The Amway House" 419 New Jersey Ave. SE
Your support directly improves the neighborhood!
Funds directly support Barracks Row Main Street, a nonprofit organization bringing to the community:
• New restaurants and shops – Economic development efforts to bring new businesses to Barracks Row, and monitoring “quality of life” issues such as parking and noise.
• A better community – Working to retain property values and improve “livability” by balancing retail, development, and
• Clean streets – Significant support of the “men in blue” or the Business Improvement District (BID) Clean Litter Team.
• Beautiful streets – Planting trees, bulbs, improving or restoring facades and creating murals.
• Safe streets – Improving lighting, increasing walk-through traffic resulting from added restaurants, retail and other businesses.
• Historic preservation – Murals, facades and other historic treasures in 8th Street buildings.
To buy tickets or become a sponsor click HERE.
Barracks Row Main Street is a designated DC Main Streets commercial district. Barracks Row Main Street is funded in part by the Department of Small and Local Business Development.